Working at ElmediX means working with inspiring, goal-oriented and passionate team players, who make an impact in a collaborative and innovative environment. ElmediX offers an access to outstanding expertise, dynamic work environment and professional development.
Careers at ElmediX
We enable and empower our colleagues by working together to overcome obstacles, celebrating success and supporting one another. Everyone on the team shares the ElmediX mission and lives the ElmediX values.
The goal of ElmediX is to improve the outcome of those facing cancer. ElmediX introduces long-term high-accuracy systemic thermal therapy through the development of a model based whole body hyperthermia device. Exposure to heat achieves a tumor-killing effect, stimulates the immune system, and increases the sensitivity to chemo –or radiotherapy. By improving our technology, we aim to obtain a higher clinical efficacy and ultimately a better survival and quality of life for the patient.
ElmediX regards Bio-medical research as a core-activity for deepening and understanding the biological side of the hyperthermia treatment through literature research and in-vitro/in-vivo testing. His/her gained knowledge is translated towards relevant in-vivo models to build solid and scientific valuable arguments relative to hyperthermia for the effective treatment of cancer and hence form the basis and justification for clinical research.
ElmediX is currently searching for a Bio-scientist to complement its team to elaborate more in depth the biological impact of hyperthermia. Main job responsibilities are:
- Scientific literature studies regarding biomarkers, the mode of action, (pre)-clinical analysis;
- Defining, organizing, planning and/or conducting in-vitro testing and analysis related to efficacy, differential character and mode of action;
- Scientific participant in the in-vivo validation of safety and efficacy;
- Working in correspondence with the ISO13485, ISO14144 and MDR 93/42/EEC;
- Contribute to subsidy and grant applications, investment files, technical document and ethical filings;
- Follow-up with subcontractors the in-vitro work, or other outsourced pre-clinical tasks;
- Participation to conferences, publications, presentations.
- Master in Biomedical Science or equivalence; a PhD is not required but would be
regarded as a benefit
- More than 3y or relevant experience in biomedical (preferentially oncology) research
- Intrigued by working in a start-up
- Fluent in English, written and spoken; Dutch is not required and training will be provided
- A competitive salary, supplemented by numerous benefits